DAY IN AND DAY OUT,LIVING WITH MY HEARTMATE II...THIS BLOG WOULD NEVER HAVE EXISTED WITHOUT THE THORATEC CORPERATION AND ALL THE STUDIES AND LONG TRIALS THAT HAVE GONE INTO THE MAKING AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE HEARTMATE II.I AM SO THANKFUL FOR MY SECOND CHANCE AT LIFE AND BLESSED IN SO MANY WAYS TO OF RECEIVED SUCH A MIRACLE LATE JUNE(2010)

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

MY FIRST NIGHT BACK TO BAKERY WITH THE VAD AND I.....

    This is everything I baked the other night from scratch for retail sale at friends bakery ..just the VAD/I

Since I sold my Wholesale Morning Pastry Bakery about 10 years ago that I built from the ground up it has always felt like something was missing in my life as that was what I loved to do most was bake.I got out of the business when I was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure.Since then I have done alot of baking at home and am in the process of baking some Bars and Cookies for a few local restraunts and coffee shops in my neighbor hood.Before the Vad I worked about 4 months at a friends bakery that was my second employee out of the 23 that worked for me and he went forward on his own to open a Bakery Cafe..I have always wondered with the Vad if I would ever be able to return to the Wholesale bakery scene as bakery hours are very long and start about midnight and end about 8 am.I was asked by my friend last week if I could fill in one day for him at his cafe baking all the morning pastries from start to finish.I would be working alone all night..I said yes right away as working alone concerned me but I would take my time and be aware of what machinery I was using and where my wires were at all times..Well worked 9 hours and proved to myself  baking can be done with the VAD  sure I was very sore and very tired as baking is a very physical job as lots of bending,twisting lifting and being on your feet the whole shift on top of staying up all night......It was a personal accomplishment to me and my VAD and it gave me the confidence and satisfaction I needed to move forward in the bakery industry with the VAD.........


THE PASTRY CASE AT CAFE IN THE MORNING 

HAM &SWISS CROSS.

PLAIN CROSS


CINN HAZELNUT&CHEESE AM BUNS
                                   
                         
                     
                      LIVE'N AND LOVE'N LVADBAKING WITH MY HEARTMATE II(LVAD)

1 comment:

  1. It does my heart soul and LVAD GOOD to see my good friend and brother BACK IN THE GAME :-). Keep moving FORWARD! Josh

    ReplyDelete